Monday, February 05, 2007

BADminton



So I haven't really exercised in months... and I'm feeling it!

My little family went with my brother's medium-sized family to play badminton. My brother and his wife play badminton almost every weekend. Every so often, their kids tag along. In fact, my brother has two professional rackets and a badminton club membership. All the other members of his family have their own rackets each. The littlest one, at five years old, has the attention span of a gold fish and a kid-sized racket for herself. But hey, she serves better than my first-timer daughter who is 8 years old.

Here's the kicker. My 10-year old nephew can make the adults sweat. The little guy is a member of their grade school batch's basketball team, accounting for the stamina. He is also a tennis enthusiast, accounting for the techniques. He can place the shuttlecock and make you run back and forth and to all the sides of your end of the court. His mom says she actually gives up on him after a while. When father and son played, you could see where he got it-- no points, just make each other run and pick up the shuttlecock whenever possible.

So now, I am getting acquainted with some of my leg, arm and back muscles again... sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment