Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summer... bummer...

My summer classes came and went so fast.  Now, I'm wanting more!

My prof said I got a 94 for my Pharma class this summer.  Too bad it's not a credit course.  I sure could use that A for my GPA.  And my hard work paid off.  I used five books to study for that class.  I hope my prof enjoyed teaching me for all his efforts in that class.

Whenever I got home from class after studying a particular drug classification, i would be assessing the hubby for symptoms and side-effects.  It was a good practice and review for me. 

Turns out the resident hypertensive was prescribed a calcium-channel blocker (amlodipine) and a beta-blocker (atenolol) plus a myocardial "relaxant" -- i am not sure how to categorize Trimetazidine since it's a new prototype drug against angina and hypertension.

My research indicates that it acts on the myocardium and lessens its workload, especially on the left ventricle.  My hubby has a slight left ventricular hypertrophy

Now, it's just a lull, a boring tedious lull.

So I am doing some stuff at home.  The pesky termites are getting the brunt of my wrath.  The clothes are getting sorted.  Parts pf the house are getting some pretty thorough cleaning.  Books are getting read. 

I'm done with 3 Earthsea books.  I've gone through the Vampire stories by Angela Knight -- whew, talk about really smoldering hot stuff!  I want to take a peak into my books for next sem but they haven't arrived yet.

On the downside, rakets for the summer have not paid up till now.  It's enrollment season, people!!!  And when my baby took the entrance test into a new school near the house, her brain was still on vacation.  Her performance was bad although she still passed.

On the upside... well, the Pharma grade was the upside.  Everything else is still pretty much status quo.  A possible upside is my dad's birthday gift for me -- if it happens.  I'm praying it happens!

Ala lang...
=)K

3 comments:

  1. ok. too much terms. hahaha! im thinking of taking up pharma as a separate subject. what do you think ate ginnie? will it help me out???

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm told it should help. based on the content of the course, it did give me a lot of information and some familiarity with what we will be administering as nurses -- and it's not just simple administration. we have to know the side-effects of the drugs and what adverse effects to watch out for.

    personally, i think it would help. your choice of course.

    =)K

    ReplyDelete
  3. and to add, Kat:
    it is a tough course-- lots of memory work. my prof, dr. ed lorico, is a good one. i suggest you ask around first. ask those who have taken the course with other profs as well.

    ReplyDelete