Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Star Trek 2009

Rating:★★★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Science Fiction & Fantasy
Talk about a system reboot.

My hubby has always hated time travel because of the paradoxes that creates, but who could fault this breath of life into the Star Trek franchise? JJ Abrams gave Star Trek a new lease on life-- and a darn good tribute to the First Couple of the franchise, Gene and Majel Roddenberry.

What didn't I like? Some scenes were a bit dizzying to watch -- granted, I did watch it at iMax, but still I don't like getting motion sickness. My real pet peeve is their characterization of Uhura. Ok, she is feisty and determined. I get that and applaud it, but need she be so touchy-feely? And to a Vulcan at that? I get the logic of Uhura pairing up with a Vulcan but the emo stuff is well... not very consistent with that whole set-up.

Hmmm... I wonder if T-Pring survived...

=)K

2 comments:

  1. What? And miss out on the possibility of an alternate-reality Kirk-Spock smackdown with giant Q-tips this time around? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. more like a T-Pring--Uhura mud wrestling... ooh!

    =)K

    ReplyDelete