Sunday, September 23, 2007

A New Voice

Ohmigawd !!!  I'm now officially a professional voice talent !!!

I've actually done voice over for a few corporate AVP's but there is nothing like affirmation from real industry professionals, namely, the guys at Creative Voices Productions (www.creativoices.com)

You see, a friend of mine has been telling me I have a good voice, and since I have done a fair
share of interviews of artists and musicians, the same friend tapped me to co-host the
podcasts for his website.  The site?  www.titikpilipino.com.  The friend is the erstwhile
webmaster Jay de Jesus, more fondly known as JayDJ.

So, we went to the studios of Creative Voices.  While waiting for our featured guest, Christian
Bautista, the guys were showing off their equipment and portfolio.  As time went on, we started
 goofing off with each other.  Soon enough, we were doing our fair share of voices.  Then, their 
CEO, Pocholo Gonzales, said, "You know what?  Maganda naman ang boses mo a.  
I-record natin yung voice profile mo mamaya ha."  And before the night was over, I officially 
became a part of their pool of voice talents.

The guys are all over the place.  They do ads, dub anime and do voice for just about anything
a voice can used for.  Part of the voice profile I made was a recorded message for a phone
system.  They also showed us stuff they themselves did voice for, and man are they talented!

I have to admit that it was intimidating.  I have never done voice acting in my entire life (except
maybe for my daughter's bedtime stories).  Now I am wondering if I really can do voice acting.
 I imagine it should be fun.  Those guys certainly love it.  It's hard not to be excited about it
when I was around them like that.

Anyway, to check out the fruits of my labor -- though I have grave reservations as to the
quality of the program right now (I promise to make it better) -- please tune in to
http://www.titikpilipino.com/podcast/.  And please, leave me a comment.  I could really use
feedback.

Thanks!

=)K

2 comments:

  1. hehehe... it wouldn't have happened if my friend didn't need my help. why not offer your "help" to Caz? hehehehe

    =)K

    ReplyDelete