Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Living in a Bubble

This is living in a bubble -- always looking out from within through this shield that makes me invisible.  

I am suspended in time living life through the people around me and the things I see.  I watch them and live their lives.  In that cop on TV cussing left and right and not finding the right man.  In that girl finding it difficult to answer her homework.  In that boy who is different yet confused on who he is.  In that old man who cannot remember what he had done wrong.  In that freak who remains hidden from others.  In that writer who longs to fit in.

Yet I am aloft and away from it all.  I am not them.  They do not even know me nor know of me.  I am in stasis, an essay waiting for the 30.  Yet I'd been through the 30.  I'd died and gone back to this bubble.  This drifting solitary illusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment