Saturday, September 02, 2006

Lake House

Rating:★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Romance
Man, talk about sappy!

Ok, so the story was developed really well. I'm a sucker for time-related lovestories (Somewhere In Time, Griffin and Sabine, Time and Again, etc.) and I appreciate the desperation of the theme.

Spoiler warning.... don't proceed if still want to watch the movie.

I knew from the moment he did not make it to their date that he was the guy who died in her arms at the plaza. It was sooooo obvious. Had they gone on to let her deal with that and just take care of their lake house, the story would have ended beautifully...

But nooooooo... they had to give him a way to cheat death so they can "live happily ever after...." blah blah blah blah

On the up-side:

I was totally taken by their dance and make-out scene. I knew it was him when she and Morgan were talking about "that guy" but I still let myself get carried away by the moment-- him wanting to touch her but hesitating; her giving him an opening with the dance; the slow dance with him wanting and just wanting; then her sensing... until the moment came and then they kiss... oh be still, my heart!

That was one beautiful scene.

But still the cheat-death concept was totally bad for the movie.

Now I have to watch Somewhere In Time again just to cleanse this movie off my system!

2 comments:

  1. If they had really driven home the scientific aspects of the mailbox, I would agree, their lives shouldn't be changeable. But since it was just a love story, and they kind of acknowledged the impossibility and went with it anyway, I figure, it's more a love story than sci-fi, so they can do what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's just it... it's a love story BUT that doesn't necessarily give them the authority to change the space-time continuum and let him live just because they have to live happily ever after! fact is, he did die and making him cheat that death is plain cheating.

    ReplyDelete