Monday, June 19, 2006

Weddings

June... the month of weddings (aside from December and January). To prove: we had to attend two weddings today. I was dressed up the whole day! Of course, I did find the time to change attire in between but my legs are tired from all the driving in heels I did today (and yesterday too!).

I've always loved Eucharistic celebrations by Jesuits. Call me biased but the songs and even the homilies are beautiful. The second wedding we attended was a friend from college who almost became a Jesuit but ended up returning to a love in Bacolod (whom he married today). Very romantic... nakaka-inggit !!!

The groom had his entire family (including in-laws and nieces and nephews) sing "Welcome to the Family" to the bride who until then was doing well without tears. Well, that gesture finally broke her and she was completely floored by the warmth and welcoming of the entire clan.

Ang saya-saya nila. I've seen other couples get married before. But this takes the cake as far as defining the word "happy" is concerned. Good for them, I'd say.

La lang... inggit lang ako.

No comments:

Post a Comment