Thursday, May 17, 2007

Superior Specie?

Brace yourself for a pretty bad rant...

Men and women have always been at odds.  It's mostly because neither understood the other.  And that's where all the problems spring from.

My personal experience with men?  They usually think they know better when it comes to what I want.  Imagine that... someone else tells me that I want something, even if I have already said I don't or would have said I don't IF asked.  Get the picture?

Take, for instance, one incident at home when the guy sees me coming into the room on a hot summer day.  He's on his way out and turns off the fan (aircons are far too much on the electric budget).  When asked why he turned off the fan, he says it was because I just got into the room and he immediately assumed I wasn't staying in the room.  He could have asked!

Another instance was a time a friend of mine got asked about if she would have a pizza by a guy (who appears to be interested in her... appears to me at least).  Being a pizza-non-lover, she scowled and said "no, thanks."  I thought that was pretty clear, right?  Given that it was almost lunchtime, maybe he was overly concerned.  Maybe, he was just thinking that she should get some form of sustenance.  She wasn't starving though.  A few minutes later, two slices of pizza were given to her by the same guy.  Wow... how dense can a man be?!  There were other kinds of food available.

Oh there are a host of other instances whne men simply took it upon themselves to decide for me.  Like when a boyfriend decided I wanted to break-up without asking me.  (Oh, we got back together but he did it again.  Go figure.)  Or a boyfriend deciding that having a kid together wasn't a good idea, even if we had talked about the possibility before.  As I said:  go figure!

The only exception, I think, is my dad.  But he's another story altogether.

I think, in the end, it's a just a matter of communication.  So guys, please, find it in your heart and mind to ASK first, ok?  It's not that this means you're being inferior or something.  It's just plain old consdieration.

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe. In addition to what you said ... they have to Ask first, and LISTEN to reply. Then RESPECT your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right you are, tins. sometimes it is the LISTENING that matters more. quite a few questions need not be asked if guys knew how to listen.

    =)K

    ReplyDelete