Friday, December 22, 2017

Proud Mom of a Cosplayer/Blogger

Time flies all too fast when you're a parent. In less than a year, my baby girl will no longer be a teenager. Soon after that, she graduates from college. All I can do is sigh.

Well, sigh and support her. I'd like to think I am a supportive mom, notwithstanding my limitations.

One of the things I completely support (as long as I can afford it) is her going into cosplaying. Well, to be fair, I did start her at it at a very young age.
That's her at four years old with me and my fellow Trekkies in 2003.

Now, she chooses her own characters. She even dyes her hair to get into the character. It was because of this hobby of hers that we stumbled on Cospray.


Seeing her struggle with hair color got me thinking of ways to help her out. We tried shampoo-in dyes, permanent dyes, even hair chalk. Then there is Cospray. The ease of Cospray's application is already a big plus for us. When we saw the range of colors, we got interested enough to try. By "we", I mean my daughter.

She chose purple for her Raven (from Teen Titans) cosplay. When she donned Raven for the first time for the Asia Pop Comic Con 2017 in August, we used Splat which was a gift from her godmother based in the US. Her hair was quite purple for about three months, then it faded into silver. Her hair right now has three colors-- black nearest to the roots, brown-blonde under that and the silver towards the tips. We were hoping Cospray would give her hair that purple tinge again.

She finished the entire bottle of purple spray and got this:

Based on that result, we conclude that Cospray would be best for highlights and retouches. It's not your base for a full head of hair but it would be perfect for your bag of tools when you go out in your cosplay, especially if you use wigs. Cospray can color those stray strands that tend to peek out from under the wig.

So we tested the Blue Cospray as highlights.  Here is my blue highlight on black hair:

And here is the blue highlight on my baby's silver hair: 

I have to say that for the blue to be seen on black hair, its pigment has to be pretty good. This makes Cospray for me the go-to hair color since I am not really into dyeing my hair, unlike my girl. She did love the way the blue came out on her hair, so I think she'll be using it for highlights and touch-ups too.

Plus, it is washable, hypoallergenic and paraben-free!  You can check them out on their page on Facebook or follow them on Twitter and Instagram.

Wanna try? They're available online at Lazada and Shopify, and at Toys'r US, Toy Kingdom, The Landmark, and Mercury Drugstores.


No comments:

Post a Comment