Saturday, April 04, 2015

Blogging, There and Back Again

It’s Penny’s fault! She has been bugging me to blog for the longest time. When the school year starts, I’d probably blog less and less...again! Pretty sure, she will not be happy about that but hey, this momma’s gotta work! But during summer, I am scampering to find stuff to do. Without much budget, there isn’t much one can do, right?

writing a blog

Blogging – that time-consuming activity that a writer ought to do. Ought?! Yeah, ought – because it is a perfect outlet for that person who needs to express. Writers are, by default, people who have the need to express. Bonus points for need-to-express people who write well. And it can be worth their while.

There are many blog sites. For a blog site to be successful, it has to be popular. What makes a blog popular? It could be many things. It’s like asking how a person can end up being popular. Social media is a microcosm of real life gone viral. It really isn’t so “micro” anymore, is it?

So here I am wondering what I should write about. I used to write a lot – and I mean so much that I actually earned from it. This was the precursor of blogging – article writing for real life publications like magazines and newspapers;, later, there were websites as well. I did not really go into blogging when it started. By then, I was too busy with real-life work and motherhood.

I still enjoy writing, be sure of that. I still feel the need to express, but I am not the run-of-the-mill blogger. I belong to the era of assigned topics. I was called in by people who needed something written about a specific topic. I did reviews of gadgets, music and shows. So now that I have the freedom to write about anything I like, I am honestly at a loss.

Yes, I do not know what to write about. The answer – write about what I like.

So what am I interest in? Music, TV shows (no, not telenovelas or Koreanovelas), movies (sorry, not Tagalog movies either), books (yes, definitely books). What else? Food maybe? Perhaps I can cross that bridge when I encounter something else I like…

So here goes my attempt at reviving my blogging prowess… “prowess”!!! LOL, right…

No comments:

Post a Comment