Thursday, April 19, 2007

Death comes...

Just after midnight this early morning, an acquaintance died.  He was a beloved teddy bear who was all over the the world of fandom, and among the few who would put his heart and soul for what he loves.

I received the news via email through the NWA network that he was rushed yesterday to teh ER because of a stroke and that there was hemorraging in the brain, that he had surgery and prayers were needed.  Last night, around 9pm, I got a text message about bidding him farewell.  The news was all too clear, there was nothing else to be done but let go, so I offered silent prayers for his soul.

Owing to a rather long day, I hit the sack earlier than usual.  And had the weirdest of dreams:  He was there and telling me to hold on and that everything will be ok.  

For the life of me, I don't know why he would give me such a message.  We were not close.  We were not even on texting terms.  We'd talk when we see each other but that doesn't happen often.  So, why him?  And why me?

I'm still puzzled at this.  

In any case, Ricky, thanks for the message.  It comes at a good time.

=)K

4 comments:

  1. a number of more *sensitive* people have mentioned getting messages from Ricky throughout the past week. who knows what it really means - at least it helps show that he's still around, to some extent.

    [rOckY]

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it does. i have a feeling that the message wasn't for me. and i have no idea whom it should go to. i just hope my telling it did reach the one who should get it.

    oh, and i posted a couple of pics from the funeral at http://ginniefaustino.multiply.com/photos/album/12

    =)K

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think he is great .............really

    ReplyDelete